Monday, January 17, 2011

What's Next, "Dog & Deluca"?

Far more than the revolting sight of dogs dressed in brand name clothing, ads for 'organic' and 'wholesome' dog food have caused me a lot of angst over the years. After all, nearly 50 million Americans struggle to feed themselves, and millions more don't have access to healthy foods like fresh produce, whole grains, etc -- yet lucky pooches are getting gourmet dinners served right under their anus-sniffing snouts.

Lately, I've encountered a series of commercials that have driven me to the brink of fury. They're for a brand called 'Blue Buffalo,' and here's an example. I couldn't load the isolated clip, so you'll have to bear with this one -- it starts at 1:02 (or, watch here).



Like, Oh em gee, Kim. "Ground corn was the first ingredient, not meat," says this frumpy valley girl.

Boo Fucking Hoo, lady. I'm all for not serving animals by-products and poison, but seriously, ground corn? That is the issue? And the romantic montage of mood-lit poultry and colorful produce that follows is not only cheesy as all hell -- it's frankly insulting to anyone who might never have access to such a nice assortment of foods.

"I love Murphy like family, so I wanna feed him like family," she continues.

Someone should tell Mom Jeans over here that Murphy is a fucking dog, and would eat literal garbage if given the chance (ever seen those glammed up chihuahuas sniffing turds on the street?). Something else tells me that this woman probably spends more time caring for her dog than for her family -- if she's got one (Yes, I know she's just an actor, but she's representative of real idiots out there).

I have nothing more to say. WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE TODAY?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment